Friday, December 16, 2011

Taking you backkkk...My brith Story

So I have been gone for a little while! I had a huge 60th birthday party to throw for my mom, and I am still waiting on the pictures! I can't wait to show you what I came up with! We had a blast! And mom was super Happy with how things turned out.

But, while we wait on those photos, I wanted to share a few past photos with you. Remember how I disappeared for nearly 9 months..yeah, well it was because I was busy baking a bun in the oven. So, let me share some photos with you from the last days of me being preggo, the baby shower, the hospital and first pics of my son meeting my daughter!

P.S. Did I ever share my birth story with you all? No, I don't think I did...maybe I should do that as well?? Wanna hear it? Here is a recap:



Friday May 27th (38weeks and 2 days Preggo) I was at work, very uncomfortable. I had been joking with co-workers that today was going to be my last day so I cleaned up my desk and took personal items home with me.

Saturday May 28th (38 weeks and 3 days preggo). I had a few errands to run that morning. I also got my hair done. I wanted to look cute because the next day (May 20th) was hubby and I's 1st year anniversary! Yayy!! So I got my hair done, completed my errands and bot oh boy was I tired! So, while hubby took our son to a birthday party, I slept...little did I know that would be my last night getting some good sleep for a while. So anyway after the birthday party, hubby drooped our son off at my parents so he could spend the night. Once I woke up, I called and made reservations for hubby and I to enjoy Ruth Chris for our wedding anniversary. I then went back to sleep for the night.

Sunday May 29th (38 weeks and 4 days preggo) 9am I work up and was feeling ok, but strange. It was really weird. My plan was to start cooking up some meals to put in the freezer so that once the baby comes, I can just throw a meal in the oven. But as I walked around my house, I started to feel sharp pains and also didn't feel any movements from the baby. I woke up hubby and told him how I felt..So, I decided to take a shower to get the baby moving. As I stepped out of the shower, hubby seemed nervous. He was vacuuming our house like crazy..LOL He was nervous. But I assured him that I was not in labor..I wasn't dune until the following week!

11:00am Next, I still didn't feel baby moving, so I called the doctor. They told me to come in. So hubby really got nervous then. He packed our bags and off we went to the hospital.




(Mom called while we were on our way, but I didn't want to alarm her, so I didn't mention the hospital)



12:30pm While at the hospital, the doctor walked us into the back. He checked me and said "okay, so you are 6cm dilated"! I said WHAT!!? Huh?? "yup, you will be having a baby in a few hours".

I was so shocked!!!! 6cm?? Really??? So the doc told me to cancel our reservations for dinner because we were going to be busy!! LOL Hubby grabbed my phone (started crying) and called my mom! She didn't believe him, so he handed me the phone and I said "yup, make ur way..I am 6cm!".

1:30pm My mom and best friend arrive at the hospital..everything was cool. I was chilling, and just hanging out.








2:30pmDoctor breaks my water! I start REALLY laboring now! No meds, just straight up contractions. I got on my yoga ball and moved my hips to help the pain...I like to do this process alone..no holding my hand or rubbing me..Just leave me alone and let me labor! LOL




3:48pm baby Arrives!!!!6.6 lbs... 18.75 inches!






and while my mom and BFF held my legs..where was hubby......





Yup, in the corner with his back turned!!!!! Smh...

Well, that's the end of my birth story! Hope you enjoyed :)

Here is big brother meeting his sister for the first time:


No comments:

Post a Comment