Monday, November 7, 2011

Making Monday....

Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie Soup!!

So I am a HUGE fan of the resturaunt Zoup...especially in the winter! They have all kinds of soup to choose from. This fall, I came across one of their new popular soups (Chicken Pot Pie) and I loved it! But, it got a bit expensive since I was going so much ($6.00/cup) so, I decided to make it on my own!!

Now, there are sooooo many ingredients that you can add or omit, depending on what you like. But below, I am sharing how we like it in our household. Also, of course you can make this in a big ol' pan and it can be done in about 1 hour, but the crock pot comes in handy on days that I have to work, or on early Sunday mornings..that way dinner will be ready by eating time! Typically 6pm during weekdays! Plus, the crock pot slow cooks it merging all those delicious flavors together while tendorizing the chicken! Yum!!

What you will need:

4 Boneless/skinless Chicken Breast (thawed and uncooked, cut into cubes/small pieces)
*If you add the chicken in frozen, add 1 hour to your cooking time
2 10 oz cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 10oz can of Cream of Celery Soup
1 10 can of Chicken Broth
1 bag of mixed frozen vegetables
Pepper
Garlic Powder

***Extra's
Pie Crust
Mashed Potatoes
Corn Bread

How to cook it:

Throw everything in the crockpot (except for the mixed veggies - you will throw these in at the end)

2 10 oz cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 10oz can of Cream of Celery Soup
1 10 can of Chicken Broth
1 Teaspoon of Pepper (measure according to your liking)
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder (measure according to your liking)
Cook on high for about 5 hours. Or low for about 8 hours (if you are going to be away from home)
About ten minutes before you are done cooking, throw in your veggies and look cook for an additional 10 minutes.

This is what you get!!



Now, I like to add it over some mashed potatoes for the hubby and the kid......


Let me just tell you, I have the pickiest eating husband in the WORLD!! Let it be known that he frowned at my soup before trying it...here is the end result of his frowning....




I guess he liked it!! :)


I like mine with in a bowl with crumbles of pie crust!! Yummy!!

I just baked a pie crust for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees...



Once it cooled down, I crumbled it up into tiny pieces and topped off my soup!!!


Enjoy!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I made this tonight and it was oh so good :)

    Thanks,
    Billie

    ReplyDelete