Monday, November 14, 2011

Making Monday....


Ground Chicken & Spinach Lasagna.

My son is NOT a fan of vegetables, so I have to be creative when coming up with ways to sneak veggies into his food! He loves corn and string beans. But there is NO way to get him to really eat carrots, green peas, and don’t even mention spinach – YUCK!! Well, I did some research on how to use spinach in a recipe,and wanted to see if there was a sneaky way to get him to eat spinach! Anndddd, I found it! I put it to the test and it worked!!!!!

Lasagna!!! That’s right, I said it! Lasagna!!!

Ground Chicken & Spinach Lasagna. Very healthy!

What you need:



Ground Chicken (It’s awesome! Juicer than Ground Turkey)
Green Pepper
Onion
Tomato Sauce (your own, or Ragu, Prego, etc)
Mozzarella and Mild Cheddar Shredded Cheese
Spinach
Lasagna Noodles
1 Teaspoon of each….Garlic, Seasoned Salt Sugar, and Pepper (all are optional and season to taste)


Directions:

Cook your ground chicken in a pan. (Spray pan with cooking oil)




Once it’s cooked, add in chopped green peppers and onions, and cook all together for about 2 more minutes.







Boil your lasagna noodles

Start making your tomato sauce





I like to add in some sugar, garlic powder and pepper - just to give it some added taste!

Let simmer for about 2 minutes.




Now, add  your sauce to your cooked meat... it should mix well like this...








Chop up your spinach...



Sauce the bottom of your pan with that extra sauce I told you to save.




****save a little sauce (with no meat added) so that you can spread this on the bottom of your baking pan)

 
Lay your lasagna on top of the sauce, across the pan
Now, start layering….

1.lasagna noodle,
2.shredded cheese,
3.spinach,
4.ground chicken/sauce mixture
5.repeat
Now, sprinkle your shredded cheese on top!





Bake for 25 minutes on 350




Yummy!!! Let cool for about 5 to 10 minutes....

You can't even see the spinach!!! My son LOVED it!!!! :) Success!!!


If you have any leftover meatsauce, just throw it in a baggy and freeze it...I save this for a rainy day and make a sloppy joe out of for my son :)





 

Enjoy!!













No comments:

Post a Comment