As a wife, mom and full time employee, sometimes you have to cheat when making dinner! I love those days when I cheat because their really isn't an chopping, sauteing, or heavy work involved! Cheating is great when you have a 6 year old running around the house pretending to be a power ranger knocking over valuables, or a 5 month old spitting and screaming the minute my attention is off of her, or a husband that needs to chat about sports, cars and blah, blah blah... Yeah, so lets just say..I cheat a lot!! And I would love to share some of my cheating techniques with you! :)
Moving along to this past Sunday's dinner:
Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes and green peas.
So lots of people make mistakes when it comes to frying chicken. My top 3 mistakes in the past were
1. not enough seasoning
2. fry it too long,
3.use too much flour
Well, I no longer suffer from any of those mistakes anymore. After years of practice, I have finally perfected my favorite thing to eat!! Fried Chicken!!!
Here are my ingredients:
Lawry's Seasoning Salt (YOU HAVE to USE LAWRY'S!!)
Cooking oil - Vegetable Oil
***My secret ingredients..shhh!! i'm only sharing with you because I love you.. (LOL)
Red Hot Sauce & Sazon Goya seasoning (A unique blend of seasonings by Goya)
1. AFTER CLEANING YOUR CHICKEN IN WATER, LEMON JUICE AND VINEGAR, SEASON YOUR CHICKEN. I really can't tell you EXACTLY the measurements because it really is about how you like it...I will suggest coverING each piece of chicken evenly with each sprinkle of seasoning.
2.COVER AND REFRIGERATE YOUR CHICKEN (I like to season them the night before I plan on cooking them - that way the seasoning REALLY settles on the chicken) OR AT LEAST LET THEM SIT IN THE REFRIGERATEOR FOR AN HOUR..
3. PUT YOUR FLOUR IN A FREEZER/PLASTIC BAG
***heat up your oil to about 375 dregrees
4. THROW 3 OR 4 PIECES IN THE BAG AND SHAKE IT UP REALLY GOOD.
**shake off ALL excess flour before dropping into your oil
5. DROP INTO THE DEEP FRYER FOR 20 MINUTES
6. Pull out of the deep fryer and let it sit in the basket for a minute... to let the execss oil drip off, then place chicken on top of paper towel.
For sides I just used already made homestyle mashed potatoes
* DONT JUDGE ME!!
...now, typically I like to make my own mashed potatoes from scratch..i'll blog about that later. But on weekdays, it's just easier to pull out the great tasting already made mashed potatoes! They taste amazing! I just add butter and warm in the microwave for 4 minutes! I want to let the world know that I am NOT a fan of powdered mashed potatoes...I feel that powdered mashed potatoes are a DISRESPECT to human kind!!! LOL yuck!!
I also boiled up some frozen sweet peas and added garlic powder and a little bit of butter.
You think Hubby liked it??? LOL