Thursday, October 27, 2011

Baby Ear Piercing...

The tradition in my family has always been my mom getting all the little girls ears pierced when they are about 3 to 4 months old. So while I was pregnant, I thought I would go along with the tradition..that is until my hubby let me know that his daughter was NOT getting her ears pierced until she was older and able to make that decision for herself. I was like
 "WHAT?!"
"HUH?!?".
"It's our TRADITION!!!"
"All little girls want their ears pierced!"
"We ARE NOT waiting that long!!"

Those were my thoughts. I was soooo annoyed!!!

Okay, so moving along. After having Bria and watching her get shots. I was now agreeing that okay, we can wait. I just couldn't bare watching her in pain!!! So there we had it,. we agreed. no earrings until she was older.

Well, at our daughters  doctors appointment, I hear hubby asking about ear piercing. And then again, I hear him talking to his aunt about ear piercing. And thennnnn, he brings it up and tells me to see who can pierce her ears.

But wait, what? Is there a change of heart hubby?  So we ARE getting her ears pierced?! Just when I was OK with waiting, hubby switches it up on me! But wait, now I am against it and scared because I don't want my darling little princess to suffer!! (ok, I am exaggerating, but you know what I mean). So, I came back to my original feelings and contacted our doctors office. They let me know that they don't pierce ears, but they do have someone they recommend.

So, on Saturday October 22nd...we got our baby girls ears pierced! Yayy!!!

This is hubby holding her right before the action!




And this is her later on that day...so cute!!!


I'll have to post the video of the actual piercing later, but she did really good! She cried for about 5 seconds, and then done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment